"Dull Screwdriver"!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 08:58:41 -0700

It was mentioned to seat strings with a "dull screwdriver"! Yikes! Come on
guys, lets's use the proper tool for the job, please! The proper tool is a
brass "drift" with a groove.
My olde shop teacher had two sayings, that he repeated, almost incessantly:
"You can't do a sharp job unless you have a sharp tool!" (ie you shouldn't
have a "dull screwdriver" in your kit!)
The second: "You can't do a proper job, unless you have the proper tool"!
These have always been my credo, if you will, and it works well for me.
My olde shop teacher would give an "F", for the day, if he caught you
opening a can of paint with a screwdriver! Just food for thought, on a
Monday!
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)