Dull Screwdriver! Reprise/additional

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:00:31 -0700

David,
I hate phillips screws! To give an idea how much, any piano that has them in
the plate, etc., I refuse to work on. (Of course, the "select hardwood" has
a lot to do with that, as well. <G>)
If I find phillips screws in a piano that is a regular client, I change them
to slot head screws and throw the phillips away. (by the bucket load
sometimes.) Would personally like to get "Mr. Phillips" by the throat. The
best "other" screw, IMO is the one with the square hole in the head. (can't
remember the exact name??? Hmmm? Roberts maybe?) Canada has the right idea,
in that regard. <G> Oh, I use those "Roberts" type screws to "vandal proof"
institutional pianos. Seems to keep the little imps out better.<G>
As for sharpening a phillips screwdriver. I've tried, but to no avail. Those
things usually wind up as another tool. <G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)