Strange Mail Delivery, Was: More EBVT Data

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:35:30 EDT

In a message dated 10/08/2002 9:30:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
yardbird@pop.vermontel.net writes:

> Hazen,
>
> Why are you bringing this up now? How did Antares' post show up? Was
> it addressed to the list?
>
> I found Antares' post in my personal box yesterday, and because it
> had escaped the filter which puts PTx posts in my PTx box, i assumed
> it was directed to me personally. (Same initials, BB.) Then after you
> responded to it, I noticed that yesterdays' appearance did not have
> the usual PTx "Sender" stamp, that it had been sent apparently
> directly by Antares, and that it was identical to one which he had
> sent posted to the list. Its "To: " field did not list
> "pianotech@ptg.org", rather "undisclosed recipients", which would
> imply that I had received it not as a PTx subscriber but as one in a
> smaller subset there of.
>
> His original 9/15 post was in my PTx mailbox. Lord knows what (I'm
> not going to say who) initiated that second transmission of the
> three-week old post. I'm sure that Antares is completely innocent of
> this. But we've already seen  that somebody on the Pacific Rim had no
> difficulty broadcasting their commercial solicitations (firehoses,
> indeed!) using the PTx subscriber list and its address, but avoiding
> its server, in such a way that Andy was completely unaware of this.
> I'm sure that Andy's server had as little to do with this as did
> Antares.
>
> Such spurious server behavior doesn't need to feed Bill Bremmer's
> sense of persecution. But as members of this email community, we need
> to be aware that this kind of spookiness does happen.
>
> Bill Ballard RPT
> NH Chapter, P.T.G.

Bill,
 I have no idea what all this means.I got an email yesterday,and simply
responded to it.I was trying to promote a better enviroment,and stir up
nothing.
Best,
Hazen Bannister