split case

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:16:26 EDT

Hi,
  I have a small grand I'm rebuilding,that has the wood (really bad ) split
out where the lid hinges attach to the case.It's probally a quarter inch
thick or more in places,and maybe 5 or 6 inches long ,and 3 or 4 inches deep
( up and down ),jagged with the wood gone.I was thinking maybe, of trying to
cut and insert a solid piece of wood,as I figured wood filler might not be
strong enough.It is mahogany wood.Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Hazen Bannister