verituner

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:18:01 -0400

At 8:03 PM +0000 10/10/02, Ron Koval wrote:
>What the VT will do, using your example from above....
>
>You like the temperament octave real "clean" with a contracted 4:2,
>instead of guessing how much, let the machine measure both the 2:1
>and the 4:2 and put the tuning,say 70% between, favoring the 4:2.
>Once you find the percentage that works for you, it can translate to
>any instrument you might come across.  Likewise, you can place
>target points anywhere in the scale, from A0-C88, not just move the
>A's around, and have the rest of the tuning adjust based on those
>A's.
>
>I used to spend upwards of 15 mins. each tuning sampling and messing
>with the graphing equalizer before tuning with RCT, and I did get
>some pretty good results.  It's so much easier to fire up the VT,
>punch in my custom setting, pick an optimizing temperament and just
>start tuning.

The sophistication of the VT is no surprise to me, but size matters.
My current tuner tucks away on the bulb sitting on top of my
shoulders.

Has anyone else been perfectly happy with the tunings produced by an
RTC or TuneLab, and especially grateful for the small size of the
ETD? One which mounts easily on the tuning pins? That's the choice
I'm thinking of making.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

Visit Bhod Ankur, the underwater monument to yesterday's civilization.