L.O.S.S.

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:07:24 +0200

Just worked on a Steinway B where the super tech that did the repair
for the 1/3 of the price of the S&S workshop (changed only heads
(Abel), strings and tuning pins for that price), sprayed the agrafes
on the plate.

I had a few of these donging strings for sure, too bad, as the problem
don't came from the board in that case ;  see : there was lacquer on
the bridge pins end, and lacquer on the capo, and lacquer on the
agrafes .

Cleaning have helped on some strings , it is  difficult to stay quiet
saying to the customer (a well known orchestra) that their reparation
choice was not as efficient as they believe.

Isaac OLEG