Bridge cap materials

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:02:32 -0500

>         How are you milling maple that thin?
>         Dale

The time consuming hard way, re-saw and thickness planer. If I was running
a high volume operation or building pianos, I'd just buy a load of rotary
cut maple and save a lot of time. I'd make my own pinblocks too, since I'd
have all that nice maple lying around not being used up fast enough in
bridges and caps. So for now, if I want to use a nice laminated cap that I
can hand notch, I'm stuck with the milling.

Ron N