Broadwood Barless Grand

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:29:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gevaert Pierre" <pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 15, 2002 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: Broadwood Barless Grand

> Hi Greg Newell, Del Fandrich,
>
> Just wanted to mention that the two Broadwood barless grands I service are
> realy sounding verry nice (all parts are original) and they hold tune
pretty
> well.
>
> Pierre Gevaert
> Belgium
/pianotech

Thanks for your report. I've only seen the one and it had been rather
inexpertly "rebuilt." I have no idea what the string scaling might have been
like originally or what the hammers might have been like originally. The
instrument in the photos was not at its best.

As I am always intrigued by strange and odd designs I would really like to
remanufacture one of these someday.

I don't suppose you have come across one of the barless uprights? Another
interesting design....

Del
Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Designer & Builder