Nordic Convention

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:30:27 +0200

Hi Folks

We just got done with putting away the last tidbits from our
weekend <<hands across the sea>>  convention and I just
wanted to say how greatfull we all are for the superb
classes both David Stanwood and Roger Jolly put in. North
America was represented in style and both gentlemen put on a
class act.  Nolan Zeringue sent a gift from the PTG that
Roger presented with a speech you all would have been proud
of. Didnt know that old pirate could be such a diplomat. Two
newly finished Stanwood Touchweight jobs were on display and
he definantly got credited for two outstanding knockout
jobs.

We had a suprise guest appearance by the head of research at
Petrof, along with Antonio himself and his right hand man.
It was my pleasure to sit with them along with the head of
the Finish Association for the banquet. Otherwise hearing
Fenners class, and Alistair Lawrence was a great treat. Our
own Odd Aanstad impressed everyone big time with an
excellent class on historic instruments, complete with
demonstrations and a mini concert of one of the best young
pianists from my own University of Bergen group.

Honestly... this convention was not only a fine example of
good will and cooperation between Europeans and North
Americans. This was one darned good convention period !! And
we set a new attendance record of 112 participants. Not bad
for a combined membership of less then 500 eh ?

Thanks to Roger and David for taking the time and effort to
represent the PTG with such class.

Cheers

--
Richard Brekne