To be or not to be: a heavy hammer

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you,thank you, David, for this EXTREMELY well
written and informative post!!! ( I'm printing this
one out! ) And I would only like to add that
considerations of usage should also be taken when
making touch-weight decisions, as a certain feel may
be ideal for concerto work, where the pianist plays a
few bars, then rests while the orchestra takes over.
But it might present problems to someone doing an hour
recital, and be outright DANGEROUS  to working slobs
like me, playing 4-hour gigs of ragtime and stride
piano for weddings, banquets and the like! I NEED an
action just as ABSOLUTELY light as possible, while
still allowing a bit control, or I will suffer SERIOUS
tendon injuries! In my line of work, it is much easier
to adapt to a super-light action than carpal tunnel!
     Thump