White Glue

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:49:36 -0700

IMHO, white glue has very few places of use in a piano. The only time I use
it is to attach bass dampers, in the field, on uprights. And, the type of
white glue that I use is "Aleene's" "Tacky Glue". This stuff is very thick
and acts, almost, like contact cement. However, it is water/heat soluable,
so that the next guy doesn't have to use TNT to remove it. Another place
where I use it, is to attach nameboard felt, in the field. BTW, "white
glue", is NOT "Titebond"! These are two different types of glues. For more
edification, on glues, I would suggest you read Del's excellant article(s),
in the PTJ. (Don't remember the years), or get the book published by
Franklin.
Just my take on this subject.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)