White Glue

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:04:55 -0500

>  BTW, "white
>glue", is NOT "Titebond"! These are two different types of glues.

Hi Joe,
These are considerably more than two types of glue. How about we all lose
the term "white glue" altogether, since it's so useless a term? Each of
these "white" glues has a name, such as Aleene's, Sobo, Weldbond, Elmer's,
or PVCE, melamine, PVA, or even MPA, which is white, but is an aliphatic
resin comparable to original Titebond. All of these are "white" glues, and
are all quite different. Of course the Titebond name is also on a half
dozen kinds of glue too, to further confuse the issue.

Maybe we need a numbered chart for everyone to refer to ---

A little dab of #4 will keep the sucker in place. #6 with the kicker isn't
trustworthy at these load levels.

Ron N