Deadness in Falcone

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:27:06 -0700

Probably been needled to death...?
David I.

From: <Piannaman@aol.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Deadness in Falcone

List,

I tuned a 12-15 year old Falcone 74(I believe it is 7 foot 4 inches) last week, and while it was in all other regards an extremely well made instrument, the "killer octave" was fairly dead--not much sound, not much sustain.  I didn't measure crow

Thanks,

Dave Stahl

PS.  Found the article below on the web.  Old news, but interesting

When we last wrote about Santi Falcone ("Piano Man," January 1987), his Falcone Piano Co. was four years old and riding high on its reputation as one of the finest young manufacturers of handcrafted pianos. Today, the Haverhill, Mass., plant is puttin stock, and Santi Falcone had resigned.Falcone says he surrendered his stock believing no management changes would be made -- and was immediately offered a demotion to marketing and product development. Says current president Jerry Keppler, "Santi was a ge says that by February, he'll make a final decision on whether to start a new piano company.-- Leslie Brokaw