only aural tunings good?

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:53:10 +0000

Les wrote:
	Also, perhaps, that pianos tuned in an afternoon may have slipped ever so
slightly by nightfall............
les bartlett

Thanks for bringing that up, I hadn't wanted to sound like I was leaning on
excuses.  I feel that I should have tuned at least the grand later in the
day again. I could have done it instead of visiting the board meeting. It
was tuned early in the morning,and then had a few hours of playing before
the other tuner showed up.  So when it was pointed out that there were beats
in that piano's octaves..... shucks!  I tuned it again today for the Lyric
opera, no beats for that show!

This is a tough time of year for stability around here.  I pitch adjusted
all of the pianos on Friday.  Long weekend, temperature drop, by Tuesday,
the day of the meeting, the closest one was "only" 10 cents off......
bummer.

Ron Koval

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.