upright pinblock/with title

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:46:38 -0400 (EDT)

Farrell wrote:

  If you have an upright piano with a full plate, why
would you want to use the old block as a template for
anything? I commonly find plate/pinblock screws and
tuning pin holes that are not well centered, etc.
-------------
I agree.

The purpose of using the old block as a template is
that Bolduc offers to ship a new block pre cut, pre
drilled, tuning pin holes
and all, ready to glue with minimal final fitting. You
have to ship him the block, and use his
tool(approx$200+US).
I drilled my own block awayway.
I was pleased how little time it took to remove and
replace block, much less then the grand blocks I have
done.

I have never been satisfied with my drilling outside
the plate. Better with plate in.

                                        Dave Renaud