What Percentage?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:31:32 -0700

Hmmm? I would have thought this original query would have brought more
comments. I went to the website for the cost of living index. There was,
available, a calculator. I ran the numbers of what the "good" tuners were
charging in 1972, when I first started in this business. The tuners of that
time, in my area, were charging between $25.00 and $30.0 for a regular
tuning. Using the little calculator: @ $25.00 in 1972, the equal dollar
value today is......(drum roll!)<G>: $108.25!!!!
That figure is, I'm sure, much higher than what current Tuners are charging,
in my area.
Assuming that the $30.00 figure, (of 1972), was what the "better" tuners
were charging, then todays equivilant would be:.........(Big Drum
Roll!!!)[G]: $129.90!!! Wow!
I have a feeling we have not kept up with inflation. Anyone care to comment?
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)