What Percentage?

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:04:52 -0400

> I have a feeling we have not kept up with inflation. Anyone care to
comment?

Yup..never bashful, am I?

-We are not as 'important' as the other skilled laborers out there(plumbers,
electricians, etc.). If the piano doesn't get tuned, it's not life and
death. If the electric goes out or the plumbing backs up, that's a problem.

-Our databases represent, usually, the upper middle to higher class
classifications, ie, more disposable income..which does not mean that we
should charge more..it means that these classifications can better afford a
service that is not as 'important' as the other skilled laborers.

-I would love to get $130 for a piano tuning, but would I be in business in
this area if I were to charge that amount? Yes, I could be in business, but
I better have another outlet for income, because piano tuning and repair
will not put food on my table..because everyone else in this area will be
charging alot less than that.

-Joe, I charge what I feel is a fair wage for my work in this area. I am not
the highest nor am I anywhere near the lowest. I am firmly in the middle. I
don't want for work..and I am assuming that most of the people reading this
don't want for work, either. Does that mean we could charge more? Perhaps.
What makes me happy is that I know I am firmly in the middle price-wise for
this area, and according to my stomach and my in-box, I am not starving, my
bills are being paid, and I go to work and usually come home from work with
a smile on my face.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com