New Steinway -Tight action centers

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:37:45 -0500

>...I think I might have to ream and repin at least a portion of these.
>Opinions?
>             Tom Driscoll RPT

Even though you are focusing on the hammer flanges, if economic
conditions allow, I'd plan on checking all center pins (hammer
flanges, wippen flanges, jacks, balancier levers) with a gram gauge
and repin as necessary to make things as equal as possible within the
suggested guidelines of gram resistance in Steinway's manual,
preferably on the light side.

That's the only way to know what's really know what's going on and to
achieve consistency. What's been mentioned thus far seems to be
somewhat of a guessing game as to outcome.

That's the path I'd travel.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731