Supply house confidentiality on prices

Pianotek2000@aol.com Pianotek2000@aol.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:07:44 EDT

This is not a new problem.  Abel in Germany regularly advertises prices on
their website and sells to the general public.  American Piano Supply used to
sell directly to anyone.  Schaff at least has put a stop to that.

John

In a message dated 10/14/02 4:36:25 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

<< Subj:     Supply house confidentiality on prices
 Date:  10/14/02 4:36:25 PM US Mountain Standard Time
 From:  davidlovepianos@earthlink.net (David Love)
 Sender:    pianotech-bounces@ptg.org
 To:    pianotech@ptg.org (Pianotech)

 Awhile ago we were discussing whether wholesale prices on supply house items
were available to the general public.  Case in point.  A customer of mine
needing a piano cover called Schaff (found the label on her other cover) to
inquire about availability and price.  They were more than forthcoming about
prices etc., without asking her any questions or about her account status.
She did not order the item for fear that they would ask her if she were a
technician.  Rather, she called me with the price to ask if I could order it
for her.   I guess that's known as getting the Schaff.

 David Love