let-off

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:05:13 +0200

Nowadays, then it is the action that worn, and not hammers/strings.

I Don't believe string break if less solicited.

On the "silent" vertical pianos, the hammer wear is almost none
because of the 8-10 mm letoff, and the tuning hardly moves too.

You can regulate a grand with a large letoff and an acceptable touch,
because the hammer is badly under centering when,  it is not easy
anyway.

Regards.

Isaac O