lazy RPT

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:36:37 -0400

Tom,

As I'm getting older I'm getting less flexible, I guess.  If I had been the
former tuner I would have said, "Yes, that needs to be done, but I can't include
that much work in this appointment.  I can make an appointment to come back in a
couple weeks, or if you wish we can let it go until the next tuning is due."

That way I don't get my schedule all bent out of shape, and the work will get
done properly.  I never had anyone insist that I should have allowed time to do
unexpected work; I guess they all know that wouldn't be practical in the long
run.

Regards,
Clyde

P.S.  Did your wife's aunt really expect you to tune the piano for nothing, or
are you just naturally big-hearted?