Ancient adhesive on plastic key tops

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:51:48 -0700

Two words: Citrus Solvent.

http://www.herbaladvisor.com/vendor/vendor.asp?vid=693

(I have no idea how good this vendor is, but this is the stuff. You may
find it in a grocery store or a health food store, or even a hardware store.)

Try it, you'll like it. Put it on a damp rag, keep turning the rag, it'll
soften the residue to little crumbs in no time, and you can wipe it right
off. It doesn't harm any keytops I've tried it on. Acetone will dissolve
keytops, just like for a voicing solution.

Naphtha and some of these other concoctions may work, but citrus solvent
works great, and is far less toxic than naphtha. It was invented for
silicon valley, because the solvents they used making circuit boards were
showing up in drinking water.

Susan