lazy RPT

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:40:54 -0400

I've learned (the hard way) that when there is uniform lost motion like
that
I always look at blow distance first. A couple of felt squares and a
little
Titebond are sure faster and easier than adjusting 88 capstans or lifter
nuts if the blow is too big anyway.

Alan Barnard
Snuggin' 'em Up in Salem, MO

Alan,
	If the action has lost motion, adding felt squares to shorten
blow will increase lost motion ,not decrease.
      To be sure this can be time consuming on some piano actions--I.E.
rocker capstans or "consolets "with those two piece keys  , but
correcting lost motion on an acro (the real style with the guided rail
and pickup fingers) is a quick and easy task.
	Respectfully,
	Tom Driscoll