lazy RPT

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:05:25 -0700

>It seemed obvious to me that he only did the middle register.  He was her
>tuner for over 15 years.  It amazes me that this guy cared so little for his
>faithful client.  He must have been on a tight schedule that day, but
>still...is that an excuse?
>
>His card was in the piano with the RPT logo.

Another one:  I just followed up on a new piano, C7, that had been tuned
a week prior; belongs to a quite famous and talented writer, pianist and
arranger; the man who tuned it, I found out later, has a good reputation
and has been in leadership in PTG for a number of years. He tuned with
some kind of an ETD; I was, at first, admiring his tuning: "pretty damn
good for a robot...." <g>; then  got out my Jurassic Period Tone
Generator (ye olde fork).  Guess what?  The piano was 12-14 cents flat!
I couldn't believe it.  Don't them machines tell ya whut pitch you
a-tunin' on?

All I could figure was the dealer only paid him for a tuning, and, by
gawd that's all he was going to do.
Incomprehensible to me.

David A.