lazy RPT

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:39:34 -0400

David,

This is a situation where there could be two sides to the story.  You imply that
the technician should have just gone ahead and done the extra work for nothing.
I hate working for nothing, although I admit I make exceptions.

In such a case I would have told the client that the piano was flat and that the
dealer doesn't pay me for doing extra work (depending on the technician-dealer
understanding).  If the client wants to pay me, fine; I'll go ahead and do it.
But I have had instances where the client wasn't around to ask, so then I have to
decide myself what to do.  Will the client get upset if I leave a bill for the
pitchraise?

These first-time service calls always eat up more of my time as I explain to the
client what the piano needs, and of course I don't get paid for "explaining
time," but I feel it pays off in the long run.

Regards,
Clyde