lazy RPT

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:36:19 +0200

Tvak@aol.com wrote:

> It seemed obvious to me that he only did the middle register.  He was her
> tuner for over 15 years.  It amazes me that this guy cared so little for his
> faithful client.  He must have been on a tight schedule that day, but
> still...is that an excuse?

Hmm... seems logical enough... but experience has taught me to be careful of
making such judgments. Right 90 % of the time still leaves me open for trouble 10
% of the time if you get my meaning.

> His card was in the piano with the RPT logo.

RPT status is no guarantee of an honest hours work. But it should make the fellow
/ gal somewhat accountable. At least the person has no excuse for not knowing
what to do.

> The bad news is: this is just another piano I'll have to tune for free for
> the rest of my life.

Grin.. I have a few of those. I wonder how many of us boy scouts there are out
there :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.