Pinblock Drilling Centering

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:50:10 +0200

"Alan R. Barnard" wrote:

> Why not go ahead and install bushings if there is room? I'd like to see how
> a bushed Steinway would tune. As they say in Brooklyn, "It couldn't hoit,
> could it?"
>
> Alan Barnard

I have one of these beasts, on at a finishing school  here in Bergen. Cant say I
find any particular problems or plusses I can attribute to the bushings. This is
one of those rebuilds Ron N just wrote about... by the fellow I mentioned in my
reply. All kinds of falsness... rather thin and crashy sound.... in short...
they LOVE it.

Another one at a church here was at one time one of these beautifull art cases.
Sad to see whats become of it. But again they love it. Rock hard hammers, sounds
like glass. and they want it that way.

Cheers

RicB

--