Spring behavior

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:27:19 +0200

Ed, thanks for the info,

My bet is that grease is not the same as Teflon, in an engine there
are places for grease and places for oil, places for slow lubes and
fast lubes.

The idea is that grease is a slow lube, and I am still not sure it may
be replaced anyway when the action is not old.

I use Vaseline mixed with Teflon as a replacement lube for these
parts.

Yes spring regulation is easier with a dry lube in the slot, but that
makes sense to me not to have a too fast spring on the lever, while
having a fast one on the jack.
We don't need the balancier to push fast the hammer upward, but to
lighten it while the jack take its place.
As usual, I bet it can be heard in the tone when we change from one
lube to the other.

Of course the Teflon screw whippen are very stable, but the feel of
the butterfly springs is way more efficient and I prefer the touch
obtained with these whippen (clear touch more easy to obtain).

Again, with these whippen, the spring is less fast than with butterfly
springs

With best regards.

Isaac OLEG