Shift Problems

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:53:15 EDT

In a message dated 24/10/02 7:36:41 PM, avery@ev1.net writes:

<< I don't see anything I can do to make the action shift further
except reduce the thickness of the cheek block. >>

Avery;
 Despite your lack of culinary savior far I think there is 'something' you
can do.
'IF' you have exhausted all other avenues and 'IF' there is room between C8
and the cheek block....you could shave down the key frame to get more
shift....shaving the cheek block will work also............. but is more
difficult unless your wood shop has a rabbet(?) planer.............
or y'all could jus slather on some good ole Blue Plate Mayo and that sucker
will just slide right past that danged ole cheek block!! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)