Marking plate for pinblock fitting

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:40:05 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/2002 7:30:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Marking plate for pinblock fitting
> Date:10/24/2002 7:30:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com">mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:fordpiano@earthlink.net">fordpiano@earthlink.net</A>, <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> I would be interested in what type of release agent/material folks use on
> the plate flange when epoxy-fitting the block to the flange. You don't want
> to have to undo cast iron epoxied to hard maple!
>
> Terry Farrell

           I didn't realize folks were going to the trouble of epoxy fitting
the block to the flange. For what purpose?. I've done it years ago what a
mess. I don't find any tuning stability problems with a nice block to flange
fit. Is this insurance or what. Somebody kindly splain dis to me. There's
already so many pickin details in complete remanufacture. Really!
      Dale E.