Marking plate for pinblock fitting

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:01:49 -0700

I still do it because it insures a perfect fit to the flange.  I can =
only go through carving the block for so long.  I get it to fit as close =
as is reasonable in a reasonable amount of time, use marine epoxy paste =
which is very thick and doesn't run all over the place.  Smear on just =
enough to have a small bit of squeeze out, wipe off the excess and it's =
done. =20

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: October 24, 2002 10:40 PM
  Subject: Re: Marking plate for pinblock fitting

  In a message dated 10/24/2002 7:30:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =

    Subj:Re: Marking plate for pinblock fitting=20
    Date:10/24/2002 7:30:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    From:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
    Reply-to:pianotech@ptg.org
    To:fordpiano@earthlink.net, pianotech@ptg.org
    Sent from the Internet=20

    I would be interested in what type of release agent/material folks =
use on the plate flange when epoxy-fitting the block to the flange. You =
don't want to have to undo cast iron epoxied to hard maple!

    Terry Farrell
     =20

             I didn't realize folks were going to the trouble of epoxy =
fitting the block to the flange. For what purpose?. I've done it years =
ago what a mess. I don't find any tuning stability problems with a nice =
block to flange fit. Is this insurance or what. Somebody kindly splain =
dis to me. There's already so many pickin details in complete =
remanufacture. Really!
        Dale E.