Marking plate for pinblock fitting

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:03:24 -0500

>I've never deliberately tried to bond a pinblock to a plate.  But I once had
>to replace a pinblock in which someone's idea of fitting the block to the
>plate was to smear the block, front and top, with epoxy and bond it to the
>plate.  Not fun.
>
>Phil F

Must have been a fairly clean plate. I've bedded blocks in epoxy, but only
after fitting them first, so I always had some graphite scrubbed into the
irregularities of the iron. Those that I actually checked would pop right
out afterward. It might be that those I didn't check are bonded permanently!

Ron N