resource management

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:54:24 -0700

From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 22, 2002 4:56 PM
Subject: resource management

> One of the pianos on my schedule today was described over the phone when
> the appointment was made as a rebuilt Steinway. Is I was driving out,
> knowing no more about it than it's being "rebuilt", I went over the mental
> checklist of what I expected to find - and not find. I wasn't
disappointed,
> which disappointed me... again.
>
> snip--snip--snip
>
> So now there sits a truly lousy sounding and playing piano of vastly
> greater potential than was realized by the standard dealer rebuild I've
> come to know and expect in this part of the world.
>
> more snip--snip--snip

Wimps! You're all wimps!

Can't take a little 'cosmetic rebuilding' in stride? Slows you down? Upsets
your day? Dampens your spirits? Find it all a little discouraging?

Well, I'll show you what real rebuilding is all about!

The owner--a piano teacher new to the area--called to have her piano tuned.
It also had been rebuilt and that not long before she moved to our area (at
the time Portland, Oregon). No, there wasn't anything unusual we should know
about--she'd had the piano checked over by the rebuilder doing the work just
before she moved. A rebuilder who has (Had? I can only hope!) a truly
individual and unique perspective on his life's work. To illustrate his
concept more graphically than words could convey I offer these few pictures
of the action--see the attached....

Regards,
(And hang in there! It's a rough world, folks!)

Del

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: M&H Action 6.jpg
Type: image/jpeg