Shift Problems - 3 strings setup

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:04:39 +0200

First time I hear of a such a setup, I have always been told that the
left pedal may disengage the left string so we have a real change in
tone because of the phasing working differently (the 3 string acting
as a damper for the 2 other's vibration).

Beside the pianist may use the intermediate zone on the hammer before
the left string is cleared (but not on S&S).

Zoreil