resource management

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:20:29 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 25, 2002 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: resource management

> Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
>
> > -Wimps! You're all wimps!
>
> I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today ! :)
>

> > Can't take a little 'cosmetic rebuilding' in stride? Slows you down?
Upsets
> > your day? Dampens your spirits? Find it all a little discouraging?
> >
> > Well, I'll show you what real rebuilding is all about!
>
> What on EARTH was all that brown crap all over the place ?

It resembled some kind of rock-hard tar. It was obviously a fairly universal
goop. It had been used as an adhesive to glue the hammers to the shanks as
well as a hammer 'hardener' used to voice the new hammers. It was not used
for the hammershank repair. I never did figure out what that stuff was
either.

Only the middle third to middle half of the hammers had been replaced though
the remaining original hammers had not escaped the voicing technique.

Del