Grand hammer replacement

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:37:17 +0100

Hello,

Least expensive and easier approach I admit, no weight problems (a
little missing sometime)

But having copies made by Renner (ordered, hung and tailed by
GrandPiano in Holland for example) would be a guarantee of an optimal
result.

the recovering jobs produce less tensioned hammers, you may be a good
intoner to have the most out of it, and sometime the tone is not
brilliant enough during the first year.

Having new felt to discover they may be hardened does not conduct to
optimum tone IMHO , while I see that French old timers use to
impregnate with acetone plastic these refelted hammers, as a first
procedure to stiffen the felt before needling. Then the tone is
brilliant but not lively enough, enough only to the customers to be
confused my guess.

But our re felter is not as giood as the German ones I'll admit.

Don't I have some work to do ?

Regards.

IsaacOLEG Zoreil