"Who sells 3/4" POINTED Bridge Pins"/Ron

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:40:38 -0600

>Ah So! Sorry I missed the "POINTED" part! I stand corrected.

Hence the complaint of the difficulty of getting a square end pin started
in an undersized hole.

>The ones I got
>from SchaffAPSCO have a ball end. Although, I don't see any down-side to the
>ball end, unless the Klutz factor is rearing it's ugly head again. <G>
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Are they actual hemispherical ends, or square cut with the edges blunted
somewhat in the tumble sander like those thousands I've already got?
Hemispherical ends, like they had 20 years ago, are easy to start. No
problems at all. The square ends like what I have in the drawer unused
these many years, don't need an additional klutz factor to be abusive to
the installer. They're just a major pain in the butt. That's why I switched
to the pointed ends in the first place - that, and thinking at the time
they would be a more solid installation for being longer. Their catalog
picture is still of the square cut. If they are selling round end pins
again, I'll order some and have a look.

Ron N