Methanol and wetter water

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 07:56:10 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Moody" <remoody@midstatesd.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 11:04 PM
Subject: Methanol and wetter water

> >     That vodka can be substituted for the denatured alcohol and
> water is possible.  It depends on denatured shrinks felt better
> than grain or ethyl alcohol.

Richard
Is it the water that is the shrinking agent or the alcohol?   I was under
the impression that the water did the shrinking and the alcohol was just a
convenient medium to enhance absorption.  Once in the bushing cloth, the
water can be left to dry naturally or some heat may be applied to speed
drying and in some cases increase the shrinkage, like drying your wool
sweater-air drying so it fits you again or heat drying so it will fit your
cat.

Paul Chick