Sojin pedal noise

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:35:45 EST

I keep nylon pedal prop bushings in my kit to add extra insurance in this
kind of situation.

Yesterday I used one on a 25 year old (heavily used institutional) Yamaha U1
where the pedal prop wore (as well as the hole in the pedal) and pulled
through the hole.  I believe it will give a few years' service before
something else needs to be done.

In a message dated 10/28/02 2:13:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kam544@gbronline.com writes:

> Drill the hole larger. If necessary, use a washer to insure the pedal
> prop doesn't escape through the newly enlarged hole.

Bill Maxim, RPT
Maxim Piano Service
Columbia, SC
wmaxim@aol.com (for personal reply)