Patent Notice

David C. Stanwood Stanwood@tiac.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:03:05 -0500

>From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
>No plans for anything "rash".  When one purchases the Stanwood platform for
>taking measurements (which I have), the equation of balance is given along
>with a description of its use.  Is that just for staring at with admiration?
>Or, having purchased the materials, are we not entitled to use them?
>
>David Love

David and others,

I do not describe how to create front weight specifications with the Tool Kit.
There are lots of things that you can do with the equation of balance like
calculate
and analyze Strike Weight Ratio.  There is only one thing and one thing only
that I ask for myself and that is the process for generating smooth front
weight
specifications for use in balancing piano keys.  That is what the patent
claims.

I could have just as easily kept quiet and secretive and not share any of
this
stuff but then when I die it could be lost.  That's the beauty and utility
of patents.
It gets published with the idea that after the patent period is up everyone
gets to
use it and benefit freely.

David Stanwood