The Two "C's" was Patent Notice

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 00:44:16 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> Ooooo Richard. I suspect one might be able to argue the sampling size was a tad small. Was the action ratio the only difference between these two pianos?
>
> Good food for thought though.

One other point .... the Stanwoodized C  (from around 1985) was a piano that I had already done a Stanwood job on about a year ago. I used the maximum FW's
at that time, and evened the existing hammers out to a top medium strikeweight curve and used the results to find small uneveness in leverage. So this time
around the only difference I really made was to move up two notches so to speak on the SW curve. From top mediums to half highs.

This is one of the things that really makes the results of my informal experiment interesting. All the students and professors have had about a year to get
used to the eveness of the piano at a lower BW and SW curve. During this time I got many positive responses about the achieved eveness of play, but still
there was some hesitancy to use it...despite the view held by most that this had more "life" in its sound then the other.

Now its more life, more sound, more body, more clear, lighter (curiously, because its actually heavier)  and the rest. Still the proof is in the pudding so
to speak... the next few weeks will really tell the tale.

Cheers, RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.