Bridge pressure bar

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:31:13 +0100

   > "How interesting. A modification of the torsion box. Are the two
outside skins a single ply of wood or are they laminated? As shown it
appears that it would be considerably stiffer around the parameter than I
would like, but otherwise does have some potential. Why is it cut away? Is
this the way it was actually installed? Or is this for demonstration
purposes?"

The outer skins are single ply. I cut it away when I scrapped the piano; I
just cut out the treble section, frame and all, to keep as a model. BTW, the
piano was designed so that soundboard removal could be achieved without the
need to destring.

Regards
Alan Forsyth
Edinburgh