S&S Square Grand

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:07:09 -0700

Egads! You guys are giving me palpatations with your ideas about Square
Grands! Please!? Do not change those screws that hold the action in. They
are mated so that the action is "locked" into it's proper position! If you
change the screws, the likelihood is you will change the action alignment in
the cavity. As the action alignment is extremely critical on these
pianos!!!!! If you don't know how to do something on them, PLEASE feel free
to call me/write me/email me, whatever. I will be more than willing to help
you! One of the main problems with square grands, is people, in the past,
who didn't have a clue, worked on them!! I don't even want to get into the
"horror stories". As many of you may know, I've spent a lot of time and
effort learning the proper approach/methods for Square Grands. I am more
than willing to share my knowlege. My motivation is basically to preserve,
as best I/we can this historical part of the evolution of the piano. No, it
ain't a Grotrian 9'! It wasn't meant to be like a "modern" piano. (period!)
It is what it is. Service it correctly or leave it alone, thank you. <G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)