Accoustic Foamn and Dampp-Chasers

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:03:05 -0500

>I once had the experience of working on a Yamaha C7 for a concert that just
>didn't "cut the mustard". I finally got underneath it and sure enough the
>movers had wedged some thin rubber strips between the beams and the
>soundboard. The strips appeared to have been cut from tire inner
>tubes--perhaps one could simply use an old inner tube for a bike?

Movers? I doubt it. Why would movers do such a thing? Seems more likely to
me that some user or tech tried to kill a buzz. I've seen it before with
wooden wedges or hammer felt.

>It's important to use tempered auto glass as it is really three
>layers glass/plastic/glass.

That would be laminated glass (which isn't normally tempered) like that
used in front windshields. Tempered glass (which isn't normally laminated)
is used in rear and side windows, at least in US automobiles. The Canadian
auto industry may be different. And I agree, if I was using glass, I'd want
laminated.

Ron N