Teflon Bushings/Again!

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:00:41 -0500

At 07:53 8/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I just found out, (from a reliable source), that Steinway is "treating"
>their  new part flanges with Emralon! For the life of me, I do not
>understand why they feel the need to "treat" good felt with anything!!!
>Damn! You'd think that with the Teflon fiasco, they'd have learned.
>And then there's Renner "treating" their flange cloth with Graphite!!!!!
>Methinks the Asylum is being run by the inmates!
>End of tirade! (for now.<G>
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
>Captain, Tool Police
>Squares Are I

This week I _did_ find a reason for liking teflon
bushings.  Rebushed/pinned back action and wippens on a B.

They cut down on air pollution.

The air didn't turn blue when a bushing would pop out of the flange when
trying to ream it.  Just pop it back in.

Conrad Hoffsommer, Decorah, IA

No opera plot can be sensible, for in sensible situations people do not
sing. - W H Auden