Teflon Bushings/Mclube

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 09 Aug 2003 11:14:21 -0700

I know a Steinway Tech who's very FIRST "prep" priority, on S&S Grands, is
to treat virtually EVERY moving part with the liquid form of McLube, which
he buys by the GALLON!

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: A440A@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Teflon Bushings/Again!
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:49:05 EDT

<< >I just found out, (from a reliable source), that Steinway is "treating"
 >their  new part flanges with Emralon! For the life of me, I do not
 >understand why they feel the need to "treat" good felt with anything!!!
 >Damn! You'd think that with the Teflon fiasco, they'd have learned.

Steinway and Sons have a 155 year tradition of pinning problems.

 >And then there's Renner "treating" their flange cloth with Graphite!!!!!

     And it is not uncommon for me to have to repin entire hammerlines that
used the Renner shanks on.   Many years ago a colleague of mine worked in
the
London Steinway dealership with Mr. Glazebrook.  He astounded me with the
info
that they would repin the Hamburg pianos before putting them on the showroom
floor.  Something about Renner graphite........
Regards

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/
  <A