Teflon Bushings/Mclube

antares@euronet.nl antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:26:06 +0200

On zaterdag, aug 9, 2003, at 20:14 Europe/Amsterdam, pianolover 88
wrote:

> I know a Steinway Tech who's very FIRST "prep" priority, on S&S
> Grands, is to treat virtually EVERY moving part with the liquid form
> of McLube, which he buys by the GALLON!
>

> Terry Peterson

In the past I have reacted a couple of times on this topic so I found
the following (instead of rewriting the same stuff) :

List,

I have followed a number of these e-mails about anti-friction.
I am very much in favor of the protek & teflon articles but I miss one
other
article in the conversation and that is McLube.
I have learned to be careful with McLube because if you use it on every
imaginable friction point in the action, the result - can - be
(depending on
the kind of brand) an enormous loss of friction and thus grams, but at
the
same time a loss of feeling in the touch.

I therefor use McLube mainly on the key frame pins, on the underside of
key
frame and on the capstans.McLube is quite durable and will remain for a
long
time where as CLP is less slippery and not meant for high friction.
I gladly use CLP for center pins and for that it is really perfect.
For the roulettes I mainly use teflon powder or McLube or a combination
of
both.

For very heavy friction like on the Lyra and the pedals Iuse the protek
cream.

btw...wasn 't CLP an invention just for center pins?
just curious....

friendly greetings
from

Antares,