Longest Rib

Owen J. Greyling RPT greyco@kingston.net
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:16:33 -0400

I am making rib laminating cauls. Want to make them long enough for the =
longest rib I am likely to run across. What is the longest rib anyone =
has ever had to make?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell

Hi Terry,

Are you making a laminating jig for actually gluing up ribs, or gluing =
ribs to a soundboard panel?  I don't know the definitive answer to your =
question, but in Clair Davies material, the longest rib that he refers =
to is 53" long. The beam that he suggests making for that length of rib =
caul is 64" long.

I read through the four "Davies Pneumatic Soundboard Press" articles =
from the Journal last night. Am I correct in assuming that these plans =
as presented are only for a compression crowned soundboard?=20

Also, Is Clair Davies, RPT still with us? I notice that he is not listed =
in the 2003 directory.=20

Thanks, Owen