Attaching ivory keytops

antares@euronet.nl antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:44:03 +0200

On zondag, aug 10, 2003, at 23:25 Europe/Amsterdam, Donald Ellis wrote:

> Thats a very interesting concept,  I, myself have had trouble with
> ivory keytops.  I will be interested in any other comments concerning
> this.   Thanks, Don Ellis

 From Susan Kline I learned to use two kinds of glue (in dire straits).
I applied this method on ivory keytops and it has worked extremely well.
Apply a little white glue on the wood surface and spread it out well
(but not too much), then apply the transparent fast super glue on the
ivory and carefully press down the ivory on the key top.
It will attach immediately and never come apart anymore.
The only thing you have to be sure of is that it still fits perfectly
and that both surfaces are clean, including the area where they connect.

antares
the Netherlands

www.concertpianoservice.nl
www.grandpiano.nl