Attaching ivory keytops

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:53:00 EDT

Matt,

It seems like the thickness of the tape would make a difference in the height
of the keytop.  This would be a particular nuisance where you only have to
glue on either the head OR the tail.  Are you talking about a whole keyboard?

I was given much good information a few months ago on the same subject.
Check the archives.  I'd say at least half of the people recommended PVE-E glue,
and some suggested using titanium dioxide(paint whitener) to be certain that
there was no bleed through of keytop color.

The tape sounds easy, but how does it look and feel when you're done?

Dave Stahl